• Sales

    Your quick guide to BPW Fahrzeugtechnik

  • Downloads

    Here you will find catalogues, brochures, assembly instructions and maintenance manuals

  • Service

    Feedback, customer service, downloads, general terms and conditions

  • Directions

    How to find us

Sitemap | Contact

print

History and Key Milestones

A historic view of our company
A historic view of our company

Our company history shows the development from a labour-intensive wagonmaker in 1929 into an innovative, modern industrial company.

The enthusiasm for our aim to create innovative products for satisfied customers has been maintained throughout all the changes.

Historic Development of the Company

1929 - Founded as a wagonmaker in Paderborn,
  the company offered agricultural trailers
  and a trailer repair service.
1960 - Start of axle production.
- Axles for agricultural vehicles.
- Rubber suspension axles and torsion
  bar axles for car trailers.
- Overrun hitches and chassis for car trailers.
1969 - Programme expansion to heavier
  weight categories (truck trailer axles)
- Development of the first auto
  reverse system in Europe for rubber
  suspension axles and torsion bar axles.
1986 - BPW Fahrzeugtechnik becomes an 100%
  daughter company of the BPW Bergische
  Achsen Kommanditgesellschaft.
1991 - BPW develops a quality management system,
  which can be applied to all production areas.
- Certification to ISO 9001 and regular
  validation of this to the present day.
1994 – 1996 - Restructuring of the BPW Group.
- Relocation of commercial vehicle towing attach-
  ment operations to the head office in Wiehl.
- Relocation of the agricultural programme
  to BPW Hungaria in Hungary.
- Concentration of the car trailer range up to
  3.5 t at the Paderborn site.
2000 - Expansion of BPW Fahrzeugtechnik's
  programme with:
  + Height-adjustable overrun hitches
  + Axles and axle units up to approx. 5 t
2001 - 2002 - Further expansion of the car
  programme at Paderborn
- Relocation of car trailer range
  development from Wiehl to Paderborn.
2007 - Sales department relocated
  to Paderborn from Wiehl.
2008 - Seamless relocation of the spare parts
  logistics operations from Wiehl to Paderborn.
  From this point forward, our customers
  around the world have been supplied
  with spare parts from Paderborn.
- Development of the iDCs – the intelligent
  anti-snaking system for caravans.
- Launch of the new, synchronised "BPW Fahr-
  zeugtechnik Production Systems" (BPW FPS).
- Launch of a lasting change process in
  accordance with the continual improvements.
2009 - Company's 80th anniversary.
- Transfer of the production site for sheet metal
  production of sister company, Warstein Achsen.
2014 - introduction of pivot axle
- iSC launch,
2017 - Takeover of BPW Fahrzeugtechnik by DexKo Global Inc.

AL-KO Technology Paderborn GmbH | Pater-Ewald-Str. 29 | 33104 Paderborn